Today in the building of the Youth Center Vratsa was held a starting press conference, which launched the activities for the implementation of Project BGLD – 1.003 – 0004 – C01 “Youth Center Vratsa – a factor in the development of the Northwest”, funded by the Program “Local Development, poverty reduction and improved inclusion of vulnerable groups “, with the financial support of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway under the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area 2014-2021. The event attended the Mayor of Vratsa, representatives of the Ministry of Education and Science, the Regional Department of Education – Vratsa, municipal councillors, experts from Mezdra, Roman, Krivodol, Hayredin and Mizia, as well as representatives of local media. The start-up project is planned for 36 months with an approved grant for BGN 1,587,473.97 and covers the target group of young people aged 15 to 29, including representatives of vulnerable groups. The partner organization is Romania – FITT (Timis County Youth Foundation) – ENYC from Romania.
Some of the activities included in the project are:
– Study of the current interests and needs of young people living in small and remote settlements or economically less developed areas;
– Organizing motivational talks and preventive information campaigns aimed at the motivation for continuing education and achieving the set goals, ability to plan personal finances and other useful topics for young people in the field;
– Conducting informal training, building and developing the soft skills of the young people from the target group in connection with their future social and labour realization, including a guest lecturer from the partner organization from Romania;
– Implementation of 40 youth projects in areas such as sports, ecology, culture, development of youth spaces and video art, for which young people will be able to apply. The approved projects will be provided with the necessary assistance;
– Organizing forums for consultation and guidance in searching and finding a suitable job in partnership with the Labor Office Directorate and conducting vocational retraining courses;
– Conducting training activities and youth exchange with the partner organization from Romania – FITT (Timis County Youth Foundation) – ENYC;
– Establishment of youth interest clubs, in which activities for additional informal training and many other attractive activities will be carried out;
– Construction of an additional multifunctional building of the Youth Center;
– Vratsa with a stage and social teahouse, which will provide new opportunities for conducting activities unique to our region following the interests and needs of young people in the city.
In addition to the young people from the Municipality of Vratsa, the municipalities of Borovan, Byala Slatina, Kozloduy, Krivodol, Mezdra, Mizia, Oryahovo, Roman and Hayredin will be in the focus of the activities planned under the new programming period.
The publications on the site reflect only the opinion of the authors. The Program Operator of the “Program Local Development, Poverty Reduction and Improved Inclusion of Vulnerable Groups” are not responsible for the content and information.